Greater Southwest Music Festival - Amarillo - May 3 - 5
Join Mr. Matherne and Mr. Rainbird for our trek to Texas for the 2019 Greater Southwest Music Festival in Amarillo Texas! We will gather on the weekend of May 3rd, 2019 to represent Albuquerque and the State of New Mexico with our music. We’ll have a unique opportunity to compete with the following groups at Cibola High School; Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Percussion Ensemble, AND a Solo/Ensemble Festival!. Our basic itinerary as well as our payment plan is detailed below. Please help our band directors celebrate our students’ accomplishments in the 2018/2019 school year with your patronage on this trip. Here are a few things to remember about this trip!
- All funds allocated for the trip are non-refundable after deposit.
- All students participating in this trip must be academically eligible to participate as of departure day!
- All Marching Band/Symphonic band students must have fulfilled their financial obligations to the band booster organization before funds will be allocated to the Spring Trip. (ie. Marching Shoes, Band Camp Fee, etc.)
- All APS, Cibola, and Band rules apply to all students for the entire trip.
- Mr. Matherne will make the final decision on participation and instrumentation for ensembles.
General Outline for our Itinerary (Detailed Itinerary will be available in April)
Friday, May 3rd—Depart for ENMU in Portales for Clinics, College Tours, and Student Q&A all about college!
Saturday, May 4th—Competition Performances at the Amarillo Civic Center and Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts AND Fun Activities , Also, we will attend the Awards Ceremony
Sunday, May 5th— AM Activities and Depart for Home.
Total Cost for the trip = $250.00
Payments—(Make all checks payable to “Golden Regiment Band Booster Club” or “GRBBC”
1. Deposit—$100.00—Due March 18th
2. Payment 2—$75.00—Due April 1st
3. Payment 3—$75.00—Due May 1st
What’s Included ? - All Meals, All Lodging, All Registration Fees, All Activities, APS Trip Liability Insurance